Last Modified Date: 20 Jun 2017
EnvironmentTableau Desktop 9.0.0
AnswerThe following instructions can be reviewed in the attached workbook.
- Drag a dimension to the Columns shelf.
- Drag the measure that will be the bar chart to the Rows shelf.
- Drag the Measure Values field to the Rows shelf.
- Right-click on Measure Values in the Rows shelf and select Dual Axis.
- Right-click again on Measure Values in the Rows shelf and select Filter.
- Select only the measures to be included in the view as the alternate mark type.
- In the Marks card, select Measure Value.
- Choose the type of mark to be used.
Additional InformationTo display a certain text above the line graph (such as a Percent Total - %), add a table calculation to the measure (right-click the measure > select Add Quick Table calculation > Percent Total) and ensure the measure is also added to the Text mark.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials