Last Modified Date: 04 Jan 2017
AnswerStep 1: Create a Calculated Field to Use as a Filter
- Open Tableau Desktop and select Analysis > Create Calculated Field to create a calculated field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, enter a name for the field.
- In the formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following:
where [Date Field] is the date field being used in the view. Click OK.
- Drag the newly created calculated field from the Dimensions pane to the Filter shelf.
- In the Filter dialog box that opens, select True, and then click OK.
- Drag the date field represented by [Date Field] in the formula in Step 1 from the Dimensions pane to the Filter shelf.
- In the Filter field dialog box that opens, select Month / Day / Year, and then click Next.
- Select Select from List, select All, and then click OK.
- Right-click the date field on the Filters shelf and select Show Quick Filter.
- Click the drop-down menu of the [Date Field] quick filter and select Only Relevant Values.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials