Last Modified Date: 04 Nov 2016
- Tableau Professional
AnswerThe following instructions can be reviewed in the workbook attached below.
- Add the desired dimensions to the Rows shelf.
- Go to Analysis > Create Calculated Field. Name the new calculated field "Index" and in the Formula field, enter
- Place Index on the Rows shelf.
- Right-click on Index in the Rows shelf and select Discrete.
- Right-click on Index in the Rows shelf and select Edit Table Calculation...:
- Under Compute using, select Advanced....
- Move from Partitioning over to Addressing each dimension on the Rows shelf, in order from left-to-right.
- Select OK.
- Move Index to the left most position on the Rows shelf.
- The view should now be partitioned by Index and an export of the crosstab to Excel will display each dimension for each row.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials