Last Modified Date: 04 Jan 2017
- Place the OIDC SSL certificate in the Tableau Server SSL folder. By default, the location is C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\SSL\
- Open a command prompt as an administrator and navigate to C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\<version>\repository\jre\bin\
- Run the following command to import the OIDC SSL cert into the cacert keystore:
keytool -importcert -file "c:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\SSL\IdPSSLCert.cer" -keystore ../lib/security/cacerts.jks -alias "OIDC IdP"
- A prompt for the cacert password will appear. Enter the password “changeit”, then confirm the import was completed successfully.
- Restart Tableau Server to ensure the OIDC SSL certificate is trusted on subsequent authentication attempts.
Additional InformationIn order for Tableau Server to communicate with an OpenID Connect OP utilizing SSL, the SSL certificate must be trusted. Not all certificates are trusted by default.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials