Last Modified Date: 13 Nov 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Mac OS X
- Delete the Tableau Desktop application from the Applications folder.
- Delete My Tableau Repository from your Documents folder. Be sure to preserve any user-created files. As an alternative to deleting My Tableau Repository, it can also be renamed. For example: "My Tableau Repository Backup".
- Delete all files whose names begin with "com.tableau" from Preferences in the Library folder.
- Delete all folders whose names begin with "com.tableau" from Saved Application State in the Library folder.
- Some folders are hidden on the Mac. To navigate to hidden folders:
- In Finder, select Go > Go To Folder... (CMD-SHIFT-G).
- In dialog box, type the folder name such as
~is a shortcut for the current user's Home directory, located at /Users/[username]. If Tableau Desktop is used by multiple users on the affected computer, steps 2-4 from above should be repeated for each user.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall Program.
- Right-click Tableau Desktop in the list of programs and select Uninstall.
- Navigate to C:/Program Files/Tableau (C:/Program Files (x86)/Tableau for 32-bit Tableau Desktop)
- Delete the "Tableau <Version>" folder for the version of Tableau Desktop to be uninstalled.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials