Last Modified Date: 02 Mar 2018
- On the computer running Tableau Server, open a command prompt and navigate to the Tableau Server bin folder, located by default at:
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\<version>\bin
- At the command prompt, run the following commands in order:
tabadmin set wgserver.session.idle_limit <minutes>
tabadmin set wgserver.session.apply_lifetime_limit true
Where <minutes> is the number of minutes after which the user session will time out.
- The default setting for an idle user session timeout is 240 minutes.
- Closing the web browser will end the current session regardless of the timeout period, and you will need to sign in again to access Tableau Server.
- The setting wgserver.session.appy_lifetime_limit must also be set to `true` for the limit value to take effect
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials