Last Modified Date: 22 May 2017
- Tableau Server
- Tableau Server database
- On the computer running Tableau Server, open the Command Prompt as an administrator and navigate to the Tableau Server bin folder, located by default at
C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\<version>\bin
- At the command prompt, run the following commands in order:
tabadmin set wgserver.audit_history_expiration_days <number of days>
- By default, historical event data is stored for 183 days.
- Entries that are older than 183 days are purged with a reap job.
- Non-historical records are purged every seven days, or whenever tabadmin backup or tabadmin cleanup is run.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials