Last Modified Date: 21 Nov 2016
- Tableau Server
- Distributed environment
- Create a full backup of Tableau Server. For more information, see Back Up the Tableau Data in Tableau Help.
- Uninstall Tableau Server from all computers running Tableau Server, including workers.
- Delete the following Tableau Server folders to ensure a clean installation:
- On a 32-bit computer: C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server
- On a 64-bit computer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server AND C:\ProgramData\Tableau\Tableau Server
- Install and configure the distributed installation of Tableau Server on the new computers. For more information, see Install and Configure and Install and Configure Worker Servers in Tableau Help.
- Restore the backup by using the
tabadmin restore --no-configcommand. For more information, see Restore from a Backup in Tableau Help.
Additional InformationIf Tableau Server is running in a single-node configuration, it should run successfully after changing the IP address, because, in most cases, the "127.0.0.1" IP is used for internal communications. You might need to restart Tableau Server after changing the IP address.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials