Last Modified Date: 26 Dec 2017
AnswerThe below instructions create a view showing flight delays by day of month, broken down into 2-day increments, and are based on the attached packaged workbook DateInterval.twbx.
- Select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- Name the field Flight Delays, enter the following calculation, then click OK:
DATEPART('day', [Flight Date])
- in the Measures pane, right-click Flight Delays and select Create Bins.
- Name the field 2 Day Intervals, enter 2 for Size of bins, then click OK.
- Drag 2 Day intervals to Columns.
- Drag Arr Delay to Rows.
- Right-click Arr Delay on Rows and select Measure > Average.
- Place Dest State on Color.
Additional InformationTo view these steps in action, see the video below.
Note: the video has no sound.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials