Last Modified Date: 20 Dec 2017
- Tableau Server
AnswerAll the following steps must be performed as an Administrator, if you encounter difficulties, please contact your IT team.
- Stop Tableau Server and disable auto start by running the following commands from the Tableau Server bin directory (as Administrator)
- tabadmin stop
- tabadmin autostart off
- Ensure that all necessary Windows patches/updates have been installed on Tableau Server nodes in the cluster
- Additionally, please confirm that any required operating system reboots have been performed and completed
- Re-enable auto start, and start Tableau Server by running the following commands from the Tableau Server bin directory (as Administrator)
- tabadmin autostart on
- tabadmin start
Additional InformationBy default, your bin directory is located at C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\<version>\bin
- Where <version> is your version of Tableau Server.
- For example, go to the Tableau Server 10.3 bin directory by typing the following: cd C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\10.3\bin
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials