Last Modified Date: 23 Oct 2017
AnswerUse a parameter instead of a filter. The below steps can be reviewed in the attached workbook IncludeNullButHideNull.twbx where all Postal Codes can be selected and Null is applied by default.
Step 1: Create a parameter
- Right-click the data pane and select Create parameter...
- Name it Postal Code and select the the following settings:
- Data type: String
- Allowable values: List
- List of valued: click Add from Field > Postal Code
- Right-click the Postal Code parameter and select Show Parameter Control.
Step 2: Create a calculated field
- Select Analysis > Create calculated field...
- Name the calculated field Postal Code(Hide Null), enter the following formula and click OK:
IF [Parameters].[Postal Code]=[Postal Code] OR ISNULL([Postal Code]) THEN 0 END
- Place Postal Code(Hide Null) to the Filters pane and select 0.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials