Last Modified Date: 31 Jul 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Google Analytics
- In Google Analytics Connection Dialogue, select desired date range for data import.
- In the Dimensions pane, hover over Date until a red x appears.
- Click the red x to remove Date from the Dimensions pane.
- Select Add Dimension > Time > Year (or other time period for aggregation level).
- Select Add Measure > Users > Users.
- Select OK.
- Drag Year to the Rows shelf.
- Right-click the Year field and select Discrete.
- Drag Unique Visitors to the Text shelf on the Marks card.
Additional InformationBy default Google Analytics includes a Date field in the set of dimensions to import, which causes the data to be aggregated at the level of day. Removing this field and replacing with the desired level of time aggregation, such as year, resolves the issue.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials