Last Modified Date: 27 Nov 2017
- Tableau Desktop
- Tableau Server
AnswerEmbedding videos into dashboards is not tested or supported by Tableau. However, the below steps might allow you to embed a video in a dashboard:
- Copy the embed URL for the video. If your video is on YouTube, the URL should look similar to the following: //www.youtube.com/embed/<text>.
- In Tableau Desktop, open the dashboard.
- On the Side Bar, double-click Web Page.
- In the Edit URL dialog box, paste the embed code, change /embed/ to /v/ as follows:
//www.youtube.com/v/<text>and click OK.
- (Optional) Publish the dashboard to Tableau Server. For more information, see Publishing Workbooks.
Alternatively, you can link to the video using a URL action in the dashboard. For more information, see URL Actions.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials