Last Modified Date: 16 Oct 2017
AnswerThe following instructions can be reviewed in the workbook attached below.
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to Superstore sample data.
- Drag Order Date to the Columns shelf.
- Drag Region to the Rows shelf.
- Drag Profit to the Text card.
- Click the plus sign (+) on YEAR(Order Date) on the Rows shelf to drill down to QUARTER(Order Date).
- Right-click Profit on the Text shelf, and select Quick Table Calculation > Year over Year Growth.
- Right-click Profit on the Text shelf, and then select Edit Table Calculation.
- In the Table Calculation dialog box, select Quarter of Order date from the At the level drop-down menu, and then click OK.
Additional InformationTo view the steps showed in the below video, please expand the above section.
Note: the video has no sound.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials