Last Modified Date: 19 Oct 2017
- Open Tableau Desktop and select Analysis > Create Calculated Field to create a calculated field.
- In the Calculated Field dialog box that opens, enter a name for the field.
- In the Formula field, create a calculated field similar to the following:
if zn(lookup([Measure], 0))=0 then NULL else [Measure] endwhere [Measure] is the measure being used in the view.
- Click OK.
- Drag this calculated field to the view.
- Right-click on the measure in the view and select Format.
- Under Special Values in the Format pane, type in the desired text.
Additional InformationThe special values will not work when no data exists in the data set. This calculation makes the measure appear as NULL data even though no data exists in the data set.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials