Last Modified Date: 08 Aug 2017
- Tableau Server
- Air-Gap/Disconnected Computer
- On the computer that is disconnected from the internet, follow steps 1-4 described in Activate Tableau Offline and save the generated offline.tlq file.
- On a separate computer that is connected to the internet and is capable of sending files via email, download the Server activation template 64 bit.tlq template that is attached to this article.
The file is a simple XML file.
- Open both offline.tlq and Server activation template 64 bit.tlq in an XML text editor, such as UltraEdit, Sublime, or Notepad++ to allow the file to visually display line numbering.
- Update the following XML elements in Server activation template 64 bit.tlq with the values for the same elements in offline.tlq on the disconnected computer. Use all caps for any letters.
Line 2 -
Line 5 -
Line 5 -
<MachineIdentifier>(Optional: This XML element might not be present in some circumstances.)
Line 11 -
Line 12 -
Line 14 -
Line 60 -
- Rename Server activation template 64 bit.tlq to offline.tlq.
- Upload the edited template (offline.tlq) to the Activating Tableau Offline website.
If upgrading an existing install of Tableau Server, use the "second_pass" template file as that will match all the places to put the values from the generated TLQ file.
Additional InformationAll the Machine / Hash values in the TLQ files are Hex values. The only valid characters are 0 - 9 and A - F.
Thank you for providing your feedback on the effectiveness of the article.
Open new Case
Training and Tutorials